Ceramic tile has been apart of our lives for centuries and with today’s knowledge of technology, constructors have made new designs and applications possible. That was not available years ago. There is a wide selection of colors, sizes, shapes and new textures that are on the market now. You would be amazed!Ceramic tile is an earthy product made up of clay and many they naturally occurring minerals and water.
Glazed Ceramic Tile
Glazed ceramic tile has a ceramic covering put on the tile surface which gives the tile its color and finish. Glazed ceramic tile is a favorite selection to choice for your indoor floors and walls and offers many decorating possibilities.
Here are some characteristics of glazed ceramic tiles:
- They’re Durable – when ceramic tiles are installed properly they will out perform and outlast all most any other floor covering product created for the same application.
- They’re Easy care -these glazed ceramic tiles will resists stains, odors, and dirt and you can clean up with a damp mop or sponge or regular household cleaners such as Mr. Clean, Top Job or Spic and Span.
- They’re Scratch resistant – you don’t have to worry about your tiles getting a cut or tear like you do with some other types of floors. Grade III and Grade IV glazed ceramic tiles is very resistant to scratches.
- They’re Environmentally friendly – ceramic tile is constructed using an earthy material and does not retain odors, allergens, or bacteria.
- They’re Beautiful and Versatile – there is an unlimited number of colors, sizes, styles, shapes, and textures that will add rich beauty and personality to any room decor that
modern ceramic technology has created.
- They’re Fire Resistant – glazed ceramic tiles will not burn or put out toxic fumes. If you drop a lighted cigarette on the floor and its left there for a time, it will not do any damage to the ceramic tiles. Not even hot kitchen pans or skillets will scorch or melt the surface of glazed ceramic tiles.
- They’re Water Resistant – most glazed ceramic tile has a thick surface that lets little or no accumulation of moisture in. This means that spilling common liquids found in a kitchen are not a big concern.